Traveling Safer Sex Lady
Prevention Education Tours
- Learn the ABC’s of HEP C.
- HIV/AIDS Awareness and Prevention.
- Sexual Health for Life. This presentation introduces STD’s and STI’s, harm reduction tools and different kinds of testing available.
- Sexual exploitation and human trafficking with Megan.
- The topics discussed cover a wide variety of issues regarding sexual health, wellness and risks associated with high risk behaviors.
What We Can Deliver For Youth
All of our programming is created based on the harm reduction model. Meaning, although we do not encourage high risk behavior, we believe educating those on reducing the harmful consequences associated with high risk activities is beneficial in community health. Harm Reduction Supplies Include:
- Female Condoms
- Male Condoms
- Dental Dams
- Syringes (as part of our needle exchange)
By request, we can arrange a street nurse to attend presentations as well. Our knowledgeable street nurses can arrange clinical consultations for youth who are in need of pregnancy testing, Hepatitis C and HIV testing.
Sexual Health Stats
- The two main ways that HIV can get passed between you and someone else are through unprotected sex (vaginal and anal) and by sharing needles or other equipment to inject drugs.
- About one in every four Canadians with HIV does not know they have it. The only way to know for sure if you have HIV is to get tested.
- Aboriginal peoples represent 23.4% of all positive HIV tests reported, while only representing 3.3% of the Canadian population.
- In Canada, some of the highest rates and increases in STI’s are in young people ages 15 to 24.
Kira is the Community Health Educator at ASK Wellness in Kamloops BC. Kira comes with a decade + worth of experience working as a Community Support Worker and accomplished performer in music and theatre. Working with youth is her other passion as she travels through the interior of BC educating others about many important topics that affect youth today. She enjoys engaging with the community, working in partnership with community leaders in creating healthier environments for everyone.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kira Gosselin at 250.376.7558 ext.224 or by email at email@example.com