Join Us! Whether you are a student, recent graduate just starting out, or a senior professional, we’re always looking for great individuals to join our team. For us, finding the right people fit for our culture is key. When we achieve this, we come together to provide hope and collaboration. Please note we do not keep resumes on file so check back often, like us on Facebook or Twitter to get notification of the latest employment opportunities.
Reports to: Crossroads Operations Manager
Hours: Part-Time / Casual / On-Call
Hourly Rate: Range is between $15-$22.30/hr based on experience.
Benefits: No benefits offered
Vacation: As per employment standards.
Purpose and Function:
To provide supportive housing services, to vulnerable people who are homeless or at-risk of homeless in our community. Promote healthy, independent living skills to Program Participants in order for them to achieve their goals and live as independently as possible. Service delivery is based on a client centered, non-judgmental perspective.
Work with Operations Manager and Life Skills Coordinators to assist with:
- Working with Program Participants’ to encourage and support them to live as fully and independent as possible within the local community, providing information, emotional, organizational and practical support and training as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all supportive standards, policies and procedures.
- Organize and provide appropriate support for Program Participants preparing to move on to greater independence, including support through the move and re-settlement into their new housing.
- Contribute to the protection of Program Participants from abuse, and support Participants when they are in distress.
- Meet with Program Participants regularly to develop action and review their Individual Wellness Plan. Each personal Wellness Plan will set out Participant’s goals and support to be provided.
- Advocate for Participants to engage in program functions where appropriate in addition to completing PWD Applications when required.
- Encourage and motivate Participants to develop a sense of their own identity, purpose and self-esteem.
- Conduct regular reviews of each Program Participant and related collaterals.
- Work closely with referral agencies (i.e. Mental Health and Addictions, Interior Community Services, Kamloops Brain Injury, etc.).
- Actively seek the views of Participants and involve them in decision-making to improve their services and accommodations.
- Keep daily records of events, support sessions, action plans and critical incidents.
- Assist Team with maintaining complete documentation, statistics, and records.
- Assist team with required verbal and written reports and case notes.
Qualifications and Suitability:
- BSW, Human Service Degree or equivalent and experience with mental health/addictions and homelessness issues.
- Experience with mental health/addictions and homelessness issues an asset.
- Familiar with legislation related to income assistance, residential tenancy and health services.
- Ability to work as a team member in a case management setting involving multi-agency supports.
- Level 1 First Aid required.
- Critical Incident Training, TIP Training, Mental Health First Aid and ASIST Training an asset.
- Must pass criminal record check and reference screening.
- Must have access to vehicle in good working condition and possess valid driver’s license with relevant insurance in order to transport clients.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Note: This description may be amended at any time to fulfill the conditions of the funding contract and may include other duties not outlined here.
Send cover letters/Resumes: Cher Doolan, Director of Culture and Operations email@example.com
Please reference Crossroads/Casual On-Call as there are several job postings.